Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Wetlands with group 3

 Group three explored a wetland area on the boys side camp where there are swamp lands, a lagoon, and shoreline of lake Dunmore, learning about how these land types help hold and filter water, as well as being a great home for frogs!

Student reflections:

I remember when my group went to the wet land, it was so fun. I caught 4 frogs from a pond, and I kissed one too. I loved going to the wet land. I had so much fun. We also went into a swamp, I went all the way up to my stomach, and so did other people in my group too. I loved going there because I love going in ponds, I also like catching animals.We also learned how some types of moss can be used as filters for water. If people need clean water, they can get a bucket, dump it through some moss, and the moss will filter the water and make it clean. After we came back, we were able to go into the lake a little bit and wash off.
- AH
 

I was in the blue shirt. And yeah it was very cold. First me and my friend Brayden went in the stream first, and we thought it was bad when the water got stuck in our boot, well, we went into a lagoon and it got up to my neck. He had to grab me with his net because we were catching frogs and while I was in the middle of the lagoon I caught two frogs! And almost a fish too! -AK

 I loved the wetlands investigation. Kevin's boot got stuck in mud and Mr. Kelloway had to dig it out and when Kevin took his foot out, his boot stayed so Mr. Kelloway saved it.We all got soaked and dirty and I fell in the lake while trying to run. It was soooo fun! I would do it again any day! Leslie and I got soooo much water in our boots.
- CC

 



















3 comments: