Friday, May 29, 2026

Predator / Prey Game

On the last day students play a massive field game called Predator/ Prey.

Student reflections:

The predator prayer game was a very fun game. In the beginning, everyone grouped around the fire. The Keewaydin staff explained the rules for about 10 minutes.They gave you two pieces of colored duct tape. They explained what animal you were and where you were on the food chain. You were either a predator, carnivore, omnivore, bacteria, human or herbivore. I was was a carnivore and the carnivores could eat the omnivores and the herbivores and to eat somebody you had to tag them and then they’d give you their piece of duct tape and when you died, you’d go to the fire circle and you go out as a human and you could eat everybody including bacteria, which could eat the predator, the carnivore and the omnivore and that was my experience with the predator prey game.  -CM

During Friday morning we played a game, a real life simulation of the food web and I was a herbivore. At the bottom of the food chain everything was after me so we made groups to find the boards, the food board and water board. We need those two things to survive and to survive for 2 hours for when the gong rings signaling games over. So I was alone because of the carnivores so I had to run and find a group and I knew where the water board was. The problem was everyone was guarding it so I waited and waited then my friend showed me where the water was. I stamped myself with the water board stamp and when I was about to go for food I was chased for 20 minutes then the person gave up. I went back to get the food board I was about to stamp myself then the gong rings I haven’t survived, I had all my life tags but I didn't get food only water so we went back to the campfire had some trivia and we packed up and put our stuff on the bus and went home. -DWC 

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment