Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Magic spots

 This morning a 6:30 gong woke up the last remaining sleeping campers.  They then made their way to the shoreline to find a spot to sit and draw, write, or reflect to start their day.  All before breakfast :)

Student reflection: 

At  Keewaydin on our first morning we did something called magic spots. To do magic spots we had to wake up a little earlier to watch the sunrise and look at the lake. During this time we had to be silent and do a quiet activity. The study groups all had a spot near the lake to sit, where we spent about 30 minutes just quietly looking at the lake. This was all before breakfast, so we were all very hungry. I thought that this was very fun and calming to hear the birds, loons, and trees in the wind. This activity helped many people relax for the long day ahead. It was so beautiful watching the sunrise and looking at the lake start to glisten from the sun. We had a few options of what to do by the lake. I chose reading but you could write, draw, or just look around. I still do really believe that this was the best way to start our week. Overall I thought that this experience was a very good start at Keewaydin to make this week the best! -RP

We were all watching the water. We were sitting in silence. I felt super nice, peaceful, and calm watching the lake. While I was watching the lake I think I saw two geese floating calmly. 

- AV

 

 






 








4 comments:

  1. I love this! What a peaceful start to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! Hope you are having the best time B!🩷

    ReplyDelete