Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Hobo Cookout Night

 It’s a busy evening here tonight as campers cooked their own burgers over their own fires.  Many photos to come but here is one to give you the flavor of our evening!

Student reflections:

When I was at the Hobo Cookout we made 5 burgers and ate them all. My friends and I, Zander and Liam, made the burgers on a tin can with tin foil. Also, they had this rule that if you ran, you would have to sit down on the ground for a minute. After the people that were making burgers stopped and cleaned up their space they played a game of blob tag. Finally, we all had chocolate chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
- TH

At the cookout at KEEC my group ate five burgers and they were so yummy. The burgers were so good that everyone loved them. I wished they had bacon on them. My burger was dropped about eight times by Liam so my burger was very crunchy.I was running so I had to sit twice,but good thing I didn’t do it three times, or I would not get dessert. I love cookout because the burgers were great and they had good drinks.
- ZH

That night was so much fun! I remember being the “chef” of my group, I basically just used the forks more than everyone else. The burgers were surprisingly good, and with all the toppings they had. They had beans, tomato, lettuce, cheeeeeeeese, and you could even have extra burgers! It was so much fun to eat what we made, and get to have toppings too! I remember putting extra tomatoes on my burger. My group had so much fun cooking the burgers on the foil and keeping the flame alive.
- LR 

I will be posting about the hobo cook out night. I would say that was my favorite dinner. I was proud of myself. I cooked three people's burgers and grilling is my favorite thing to do. It was a little difficult keeping the fire running but cooking the burgers was easy but fun at the same time.
- JL
 


3 comments: