Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Group 6 hikes Burnt Mt

 This afternoon group 6 learned about how glaciers shaped the land in Vermont.  To truly appreciate the work these ice flows did to our landscape, our campers hiked to a beautiful lookout to see the features in the land.

Student reflections:

The Glacier hike was something that I will never forget. It was an awesome hike to be part of. It was very steep at times and it was hard sometimes to get up those parts but I made it. We learned that glaciers covered where we hiked 15,000 years ago. But they melted and it left a U shaped valley and made the Champlain sea. Later the sea dried up and became lake Champlain. When we reached the top of that mountain the view was absolutely stunning. We could see Lake Dunmore shine in the sun and a spot on another mountain that had a landslide. The rocks were massive. I could climb one of them. I drowned in my sweat by the end and the mosquitoes were everywhere. -MW

 












No comments:

Post a Comment