Thursday, May 21, 2026

Choice Day: Morgan Horse Farm

 Another group today chose to visit a local Morgan Horse Farm.  

Student reflections: 

Thursday afternoon, we went to the Morgan Horse Farm. On the way, we blasted music singing it so loud no one could hear a thing. We got a couple of glares as people drove by. Connor and Ms. Grace went with us and I’m pretty sure we all had a blast, at least I did. We walked into the building and got our tickets from the shop to explore the farm. The girl that toured us apparently had never done this before, but I thought she did alright. First we looked at all the history of Morgan horses and it was really cool. There was also a Morgan horse skeleton that was a little creepy and a bunch of people couldn’t stop laughing about it.

 

Then we went to pet the horses. It was enjoyable petting them and really cool to see the horses. After that we went down the stairs and saw the horses that were going up to New York for a show. One of them just got bathed and it looked like it was going to charge out of there it was so mad. We all couldn’t stop laughing and Connor was shooting us glares telling us to stop, same with Ms. Grace. As we walked by that angry horse, we noticed a tiny cat. It was so cute and it followed us everywhere we went. Then we had to go through the indoor riding area, which was closed off before but then they opened it for us. Keep in mind the cat was still following us. As we made it out of that area, we went out to the statue of the first ever Morgan horse and took a photo. 

 

As we kept on walking, a new girl came with us and the other left. We went out back and the newer girl started to yell something but she had food in her hand so I think it was something about that. Soon a bunch of horses came and walked over. Two horses ran away after they saw us though, a baby and her mom. Then a huge group came by and started eating near us. There was a fence between us too. We watched them eat for a little and then the horses started to warm up to us. They came a little closer and me and one of my friends started petting the horse for two seconds but then someone came over and it stepped back.

 

Eventually all the horses came over and it was pretty obvious that they wanted to be pet by us. A couple of horses turned around and made us do butt scratches and my friends couldn’t stop laughing. It was so hilarious. Then after a ton of pets and butt scratches, our trip there slowly ended and we had to start going back. The horse farm was really interesting and super fun to learn about. Petting the horses and just seeing them was such an amazing opportunity because not too many people get to see horses too often and maybe some have never. Overall the horse farm was definitely one of my favorite experiences out of the whole week. Morgan horse farm was definitely an adventure I’ll never forget. -EA

 

When my group went to the MORGAN HORSE FARM! It was a lot of fun because we got to see and pet the horse. One of the baby horses would only let us pet her butt, if we tried to pet her on her face she would go away. It was very fun! -EM

When I was at KEEC [Keewaydin Environmental Education Center] I went to the Morgan horse farm. I had lots of fun! We got to pet horses, and we got to see a baby horse. We went with Grace and Conner. We learned some stuff about the horses, and how to weigh them. We saw a mother horse with her baby. We got to pet the baby horse, it was so cute!
- WLM 

I loved visiting the Morgan Horse Farm when the fifth and sixth graders of Chester-Andover Elementary School went to KEEC. We learned that they are strong. I liked the baby horse, or foal, and the mother horse, because they snuggled with me and that was nice. During this activity we saw and spent time patting more foals and mamas out in the pasture, they were all so cute.
- ER

 I had lots of fun at the morgan horse farm, even petting the horses. I hope next year, people will go to it. There were a lot of old things in there and I also heard there were horses with a trait that made them very strong. I heard another thing that those horses were used in WW2, how strong they were. I loved going there and I advise you go if you can too.
- KB

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment