Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Group 6 gets up to Generals Lookout

  Another group of brave hikers made it to the lookout!

Student reflections: 

On the hike to General Lookout on Mount Moosalamoo, I did not think I could make it up because it was pretty steep and rocky. Then when I got up, I was so relieved, it was so fun and the lookout was so pretty. we got snacks, we had pretzels and gold fish.  Alyssa told a story about a cow and how it ran away, the farmer went looking for it and how he searched day and night for the cow. He never found the cow, sadly. That is why the mountain is called Mount Moosalamoo. -AW

I learned that a cow once went missing on Mooselamoo and a farmer had to go find it. The farmer mooed to call the cow. The cow responded with “moo”. He tried to find the cow but couldn’t. The cow was named Sala. He was shouting “Moo Sala moo!” -GW

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment