Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pitch Pine Point

Group 9 hiked up to Pitch Pine Point (PPP) this afternoon after lunch. As we went up we had the group ahead going to Generals hike spot two owls. Later after much steep and not so steep hiking we reached the lookout point and watch some vultures along the ridge.
Check out the short video below of the hike.

7 comments:

  1. sharp eyes to see those Owls! What a beautiful, peaceful day...

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Payette (Nana)May 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM

    Wow, this is awesome! This is great to see these owls. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Pitch Pine Point at the top of the hill there are Pitch Pines and Lady Slippers. Those two living organisms both live on soft dry sand. But there was no soft dry sand. So the reason why they are there used to be water all around that hill when it was a island there was soft dry sand there but the organisms didn’t leave when the sand did.

    -RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. JD it was really cool to hike up to 3 p . we all had a good time all the way up. we also had lots of talks about the land and the % of the trees in vermont.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pitch Pine Point Group 9
    I liked hiking Pitch Pine Point because I liked the view. I could see the road with cars going on it. I also could see Lake Dunmore. I was really tired when I got to the top. I wore my logging boots and should have worn my hiker boots. It was a fun hike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pitch Pine Point tought us about nature and how it used to be an Island, and about lady slippers, plus the most famous one I liked was the 5 basic needs, the the 5 basic needs are food,shelter, oxygen, space, and water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding to my other sentance is that we learned about animals we didn't even knew that existed. Also we leaned about Mount Mousslamoo.

    ReplyDelete