Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blogging on Bogging

This afternoon a group chose to investigate a nearby bog, a place where a thick layer of plant material, mostly moss, floats on a shallow body of water. As KEEC leader Matt put it "it is like trying to walk on a waterbed." We found Pitcher plants that attract bug to a sweat liquid then consume them for food! As usual the video shows our adventure better than a description. And it wasn't even buggy.....

5 comments:

  1. i love pitcher plants. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really fun in the bog although it was a little scary at the beginning because I was afraid of falling in a hole and dying. But I had an AWESOME time in the bog. -JAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. bogging was fun. when you steped in the bog in felt like you where walking on the big sponge bed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned about the five basic needs. First basic need is water. Second is shelter. Third is food. Forth is air . the Fifth basic need is sun. I learned about the sun the most it gives us vitamin d

    ReplyDelete