Thursday, May 27, 2010

Storms cap off Wednesday

Right as KEECers got back to their cabins for bed line of thunderstorms moved in to our lake valley. It was a beautiful sight as the neighboring mountains were lit up by lightning. Everyone made it through, the only casualty was the tee pee in the field which was blown over I tried to be some of it on video, beginning with our last look at the full moon.

14 comments:

  1. This is Mrs. Ferro......thought of you all last night as i went into my basement in rutland during the tornado warning....what a storm!!!! great weather today so enjoy the final full day!!!! looks like you're having a blast.....great blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Payette (Nana)May 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM

    Wow! I checked the weather channel and it said that there would be strong thunderstorms in Addison County. It must have been rather spectacular. I had been observing the moon also. (a beautiful orange)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Hutchins' ClassMay 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM

    Autumn says "hi" to her mom.
    There was a lot of thunder here too. We hope it wasn't too scary. We hope you have fun on your last full day and that you got some sleep!
    The video was beautiful! Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... I love a good thunderstorm. I couldn't help but wish I was sitting out on the front porch, looking over the lake with all you Keewadin campers during last nights spectacular storm!!! Have a great day every one :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that my heart raced when the news announced a "tornado watch" for rutland area! Glad to hear everything was fine though. We also had thunderstorms here. Hope you all enjoy your last full day. I am looking forward to seeing Ryan tomorrow and hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing storm and a cool experience to see while camping. Hope you are all doing well and having a blast. Kassidy your mom and I can't wait to hear all the cool stuff you did. We've been following the internet site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a storm. Maci, hope you are having an overall amazing experience. We can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This storm felt like a hurricane away from the water, and no eye! I can't believe that it lasted for about an hour and a half. A couple people were scared, but I just thought it was an adventure waiting to happen when it was aproaching. sure it was a little scary, but that's half the fun... -MS

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lightning was really cool. It scared me when i came out of the bathroom. -GP

    ReplyDelete
  10. The storm was so cool. The lightning bolts were really awesome to watch and were really clear. I with you were there to see it.-HF

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the Bear Cabin it was leaking water out of the walls and roofs. I thought the lightning was pretty cool. A couple of the girls screamed (they also screamed over a bug too). The water dropped on my head but it felt good. -RR

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to run threw that to get to my cabin. It was cool and scary all at the same time! -HBS

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was one of the best parts it was awesome -TW

    ReplyDelete
  14. The strom at KEEC was really big.!

    ReplyDelete