Thursday, May 27, 2010

The War Canoe




This afternoon a group took out the huge "war canoe" onto Lake Dunmore. Somehow a few brave (or lucky or unlucky) souls managed to find their way out of their seats and into the water. The story of how will have to be posted later because I was not in a canoe, I was out on a bog. More about that later...

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see Molly was one of the "brave souls" (no surprise there. she is part fish!)Great picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Payette (Nana)May 27, 2010 at 10:32 PM

    So was this the vote as to what they would do today? I know Kass was wondering how the vote would go as she had mentioned it to me weeks before. It looks like fun regardless of whether or not this is the way she voted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the all day hikers yelled down to the canoers at an elevation of about 3 miles.up a mountain.they heard us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canoeing was my favorite part of KEEC. It was awesome. The war canoes were so heavy. Some one dropped the side while I was holding the back. When some people jumped into the water I didn't. At the end, when we got somewhat close we all jumped out and played monkey in the middle with my hat. It was fun. I learned how we as a community had to work together to make the canoe go fast.- JJS

    ReplyDelete