Friday, May 25, 2012

X-Stream Video

Here is a very short video of the x-stream hike Thursday AM.  There is much more excellent footage that will have to be edited back home given time constraints here.  Special thanks to Sierra K for stepping in to videotape the second waterfall climb on the post below so I could take a turn climbing with the kids! Parents do not worry, no one was hurt in the filming of this video, or on the entire stream hike.

4 comments:

  1. For my Thursday choice activity, I chose the X - stream as my first choice. When I was hiking the water and hiking all of the waterfalls, I learned about the water cycle the day or so before in my group so I was always thinking about how the water runs off of the mountian tops and turn into condensation then, evaporation, then into perspiration. And on the X - stream hike I was always thinking about how the water got from where I was standing. And that is what I liked at KEEC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose to go x-stream hiking for choice day at KEEC. At first I didn’t really know what to expect, but I was ready for anything. We started hiking in a tiny little stream. Then it started to get a little crazy. When I was climbing up a slick waterfall my foot slipped and I went sliding down the rock. Luckily a tree stopped me or I would have fallen right into Mr.Kelloway! I was a little discouraged, but I wasn’t going to stop there! It was my mission to make it up the waterfall. I gathered up all of my courage and started climbing again. With the help of Mr.Kelloway and Abby I made it to the top! I was very happy that I didn’t just take the easy way out and go around the waterfall. It was so much fun to get soaking wet and take the fun climb up that steep waterfall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time I spent at Keewaydin was very fun and memorable, we did many things and played a lot of activities. I think Keewaydin was a really good bonding time for everybody there. The councilors did a really good job teaching us on the meanings of life. I learned many thing but the thing I liked learning about the air cycle. Our group leader Zack taught us how the air cycle works he taught us that the animal breathes out the Co2, the plant then take in the Co2 and makes it in to O2 which the animals then breath in. I learned so many things at Keewaydin it was really a life experience for all of us.

    ReplyDelete