Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Reflections from the girls of Goose Cabin


  • Keewaydin is a log of fun.  The investigations are really cool!  -Sierra K.
  • I like the fresh breeze and sitting by the lake.  -Shiloh Y.
  • The hike to General’s Lookout had amazing views.  A great hike, and a great sight!  - Reilly M.
  • I liked the Pitch Pine Point hike with Trevor. - Rebecca S.
  • I liked magic spots and seeing beautiful Lake Dunmore! -Willow A.
  • I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone.  Red, my group leaders, has made me feel great at Keewaydin!  -Sammy C.
  • The counselors are absolutely awesome!  This camp is the best camp ever!  -Isabelle L.
  • The funnest thing that I have done so far at Keewaydin would be learning why pirates wear eye patches and bird watching. -Cassie S.
  • I thought that I would not want to be here but it turned out to be really fun and I liked meeting the KEEC staff and making new friends.  I also thought it was neat how many investigations we had.  -Megan B.
  • I think the BEST thing I did on Wednesday was go on the General’s hike with my study group.  -Krysta F.
  • At Keewaydin I went on a breathtaking hike to General’s Lookout.  The hike to get there took time and hard work but it was worth it!  -Rachel G.
  • Whatever you do here is fun- if it is playing a game or hiking with your study group. Once me and Ava were in our bunk beds and I had my foot in between the wall and bed and Ava tickled my foot and then she asked me to smell hers then I did.  -Lexi W.
  • Oh my, it’s Wednesday already.  They should make this 2 weeks, not 1 week! - Anonymous
  • My job was a dishwasher.  It was really fun to get wet and dirty with my friends.  It was also fun when KEEC staff came and said, “What’s up dishwashers?”  We would reply with a loud “Whoop Whoop!”  -Ava H.
  • I liked that we come to these pretty cabins and next to a pretty lake.  I liked that we saw the lady slipper flowers that are endangered. - Jesie F.
  • On my awesome and fantastic adventures in the wild at the best camp in Vermont I have really enjoyed being able to learn and experience new things. - Aliza H.
  • So far Keewaydin has given me an awesome experience.  I have learned about the soil, air, and water cycle.  Red showed us an amazing turkey vulture nest.  The vultures picked all the leaves off the tree to see it’s prey more clearly!  Yesterday I hiked to General’s Lookout.  The view was outstanding.  I learned that in order to see something cool you have to keep your eyes open!  It is FUN to work in an outdoor classroom!  Thank you KEEC!  I can’t wait for the rest of our week! - Paige K.
  • It’s so much fun, I love it here.  Seth made us try to sit on each others laps in a circle.  - Saphire T
  • Today we went on a hike to Pitch Pine Point and we saw lots of cool animals.  We saw adorable bright orange newts, a snake, and even some owls!  Keewaydin is tons of fun, I am really enjoying it.  - Michelle M.
  • So far, KEEC has been the best camp I’ve ever been to.  I know so many new skills.  -Brianna L.
  • The most scariest thing was when I was on a hike and their was a huge rock on this hill and we had to climb down. -Anonymous
  • The cutest thing I saw was a newt.  I think it was a baby.  It was crawling around everywhere.  It was the cutest thing I saw!  -Anonymous
  • The funniest thing that has happened so far must have been when we were learning about Pioneers.  I played the role of a 40 year old mother with 7 children, a husband and my sister.  The worst part was that 2 of my children were named Squirrel and Baby Biebs! -Anonymous

5 comments:

  1. I think these kids are teaching all of us how wonderful it can be to step back and take a moment to just enjoy life (and imagine that without being plugged in!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the "Goose Girls" are enjoying every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing how much fun they're all having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lil Elliott MillerMay 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM

    Just as I expected, our kids are making the most of this experience. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear all of those positive comments! Love having this opportunity to see what they are experiencing at KEEC!

    ReplyDelete