Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Glaciers Hike



Group 1 this afternoon investigated the glacier that helped form and rearrange the valley where Keewaydin now stands.  The group hiked up a steep trail that leads to the top of what the KEEC staff call Burnt Mt.  From there we had an AMAZING (pictures do not do it justice) view of not just Moosalamoo and lake Dunmore, but also on the other side the rocky ledge gave views of the Champlain valley and the Adirondacks in the distance.


1 comment:

  1. I liked going on the hikes. I liked the hikes because they made you work hard and made you determined to get to the top. Some times you would see a nute or a spider and that was neat. When you went to the top you would have a grate view and sometimes take a picture. When people saw a nute they would say “nute alert”. Thats why I liked hikes.

    ReplyDelete