Thursday, May 24, 2012

Walking on Water

A group of us headed out to a local bog and walked on a mat of spaghumn moss.  We saw carnivorous plants, wild blueberries, and cat tails.  We felt like we were walking on a waterbed.





4 comments:

  1. The bog was really cool! I also learned a lot while I was there, one of the things I learned was that the bog used to be a lake. It began to grow spaghumn and eventually it was completely covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think the bog was really cool. I learned a lot like the bog used to be a lake. I also learned that the bog is a giant mass of floating spaghum along with pitcher plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keec

    I had a great time and learned lots like the dead stump community. Even though the tree is dead or cut down there is still stuff living in it. There could be a chipmunk or ants living in it. It still makes a really good home even though its smaller. The animals that live in it have the 5 basic needs that everyone needs, food, water, shelter, o2, reproduction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bog was Awesome! I thought it was scary knowing that if you went to the middle you could slip through and DIE! It was still fun though.

    ReplyDelete