Tuesday, May 22, 2012

General's Lookout

Group 5 hiked up a wet Mt. Moosalamoo to a rocky outcrop  called General's Lookout.
Here are some photos of the hike.  There may be a video added later as time and wireless allows.  The internet has been spotty today :(  The good news is every made the perilous journey without slipping :)





6 comments:

  1. I recognize that writing! Looks like a great hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics of great kids! M. Haseltine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like every one is having a blast!
    I wish I could go again, Riley Karl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mr. Kelloway, Thanks for taking the time to post photos and keep us updated. Can you snag some pictures from Toby and Frank too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so so so fun to clim that rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my trip to keewaydin I learned a lot about the water cycle, and how it works. My group leader had us play a bunch of games about the water cycle so we could get to understand it a little more. I learned that the water evaporates, which is when the sun beats on the water and then it turns into steam and goes into the clouds, then condensates, which is when the evaporation turns into hail, or snow, then precipitates, which is when the water rains onto the mountains, then last but not least it runs off the mountain. That day my group was all set, and ready for a test on the water cycle. All though we didn’t have a test for it. I liked learning about the water cycle because it was very easy to learn, and very interesting to see on hikes.

    ReplyDelete